David Eye, MFA
David Eye, MFA
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department : English
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7921
Office : MGL 4FL
MFA, Syracuse University
BA, College of William and Mary
MFA, Creative Writing (Poetry), Syracuse University
BA, Psychology, College of William and Mary in Virginia
- Modern and contemporary poetry; creative nonfiction; academic and creative writing; gender and sexuality; representations of poverty.
- Neversink (working title), a poetic series which will document (and imagine) the mid-20th century flooding of Catskill villages for the New York City water supply system.
- St. John’s University (Staten Island), Institute for Writing Studies. Adjunct Professor, Freshman Composition, 2009-2010.
- Syracuse University, Writing Program. Graduate Teaching Consultant (Theory and Strategy for the Teaching of Writing) and Writing Instructor (Critical Research and Writing, Practices of Academic Writing), 2005-2007.
- Syracuse University, Writing Center. Writing Consultant, Fall 2005.
- Performing Artist, 1986-2003
- United States Army, Officer, Medical Service Corps, 1982-1986
Publications & Professional Activities
- Rain Leaping Up When a Cab Goes Past, Seven Kitchens Press, forthcoming.
- All I Have (as In medias res), Stone Canoe, Vol. II, 2008.
- A Blonde Woman, Fearless Poetry Series, Vol. 2, 2011.
- Crossing, The Louisville Review, Vol. 70, Fall 2011.
- A Distant Line of Hills, Rondeau Roundup, October 2009.
- Ecstasy, Motif 3: All the Livelong Day, an Anthology of Writings about Work, MotesBooks Inc., 2011.
- Ineluctable, Chelsea Station, Issue 1, November 2011.
- Last Day, Lands End (as Evensong), Stone Canoe, Vol. I, 2007.
- Military Secret, Stone Canoe, Vol. V, 2011.
- Morning, Delft Haven (as Matins), Stone Canoe, Vol. I, 2007.
- MTA III: Woman with OCD, roger, Vol. I, 2006.
- Not That You Asked, Waccamaw, No. 3, Spring 2009.
- Negative (1996), Critical Encounters With Texts, 3rd-6th Editions, 2007-2010.
- The Stream Empties Into a Field, The Louisville Review, Vol. 70, Fall 2011.
- Targets, The Louisville Review, Vol. 70, Fall 2011.
- This is a Tree, Runaway Parade, March 2012.
- Unspoken at JFK, Consequence Magazine, Spring 2010.
- What the Band Doesn’t Know, Chelsea Station, Issue 1, November 2011.
- Lambda Literary, Collective Brightness: LGBTIQ Poets on Faith, Religion & Spirituality, Kevin Simmonds, ed., March 2012.
Honors & Awards
- Runner-up, Robin Becker Chapbook Prize, Seven Kitchens Press, 2011
- Semifinalist, Winter Fellowship, Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, 2009 & 2011
- Finalist, Consequence Prize in Poetry, Consequence Magazine, 2009
- Finalist, Robin Becker Chapbook Prize, Seven Kitchens Press, 2009
- Finalist, Axton Fellowship, University of Louisville, 2008
Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP)
ENGL 110 College Writing, "What's So Funny? A Serious Look at Standup Comedy"
ENGL 210 Exposition and Argumentation
ENGL 240 Introduction to Creative Writing
ENGL 274 Reading Poetry
ENGL 340 Studies in Creative Writing (Advanced Poetry Workshop)