Hany Guirguis, PHD
Hany Guirguis, PHD
Department : Economics - Finance
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-3855
Office : DLS 409
PHD, University of Oregon
MA, Cairo Univ
MBA, CUNY Baruch College
MS, University of Oregon
BA, University of Heiwan
Econometrics, Financial Modeling, Corporate Finance, Macroeconomics, and Real Estate Finance
Publications & Professional Activities
- “Leveraged, Inverse and Traditional ETFs: The Impact on Real Estate Stock Price Volatility”, with Richard J. Curcio, Randy I. Anderson, and Vaneesha Boney, Applied Financial Economics, 2012, 22: 709-722.
- “Timing the value style index in a Markov regime-switching model”, with Ted Theodore and Michael Suen, Journal of Investment Management, 2012, 10: 52-64.
- “Monetary Shocks, Volatility Regimes, and Inflation: An Empirical Analysis of REIT Behavior”, with Randy Anderson and Vaneesha Boney, Journal of Real Estate Research, 2012, 34.
- “Modeling the Blind Principal Bid Basket Trading Cost”, with Christos I. Giannikos and Tin Shan Suen, European Financial Management, 2012, 18: 271-302
- “Price and Volatility Spillovers between Large and Small Cities: A Study of the Spanish Market”, with Christos Giannikos, and Laura Gracia , Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management, 2007, 13: 311-316.
- “Asset Pricing in Spanish Housing Market,” with Christos Giannikos, and Laura Gracia, Journal of Housing Research, 2007, 16: 83-95.
- “A Note on the Effect of the Expected Changes in Monetary Policy on Long-Term Interest Rates,” with Christos Giannikos, Journal of Applied Economics, 2007, 10: 99-114.
- “Extreme Observations and Nonnormality in ARCH and GARCH,” with Rakesh Bali, International Review of Economics and Finance, 2007, 16: 332-346.
- “Asymmetry in Regional Real House Prices,” with Richard Vogal, Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management, 2006, 12: 293-298.
- “Market Fundamentals and the Forecastability of the Regional Housing Prices: An Empirical Investigation,” with Christos I. Giannikos and Randy I. Anderson, Forecasting Letters, 2006, 1 :14-26.
- “Accounting for Extreme Values in GARCH Forecasts of Day-Ahead Electricity Prices,” with Frank Felder, KIEE International Transactions on Power Engineering, 2005, 5: 300-302.
- “Output Variability and the Money-Output Relationship,” with Martin Schmidt, International Journal of Business and Economics, 2005, 4: 51-64.
- “The US Housing Market: Asset Pricing Forecasts: Using Time Varying Coefficients,” with Christos I. Giannikos and Randy I. Anderson, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 2005, 30: 33-53.
- “Strategies and Impacts of New Drug Introduction: The Case of Hemophilia Treatment,” with Edward Rogoff, Journal of Health Care Finance, 2004; 31: 1-12.
- “An Analysis of the Return Dependence Between Large and Small Capitalization Stock,” with R. Bali, Journal of Business and Economics Research, 2004, 2: 67-70.
- “Further Advances in Forecasting Day-Ahead Electricity Prices Using Time Series Models,” with Frank Felder, IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, 2004, 4: 159-166.
- “On the Consequences of State Dependent Preferences for the Pricing of Financial Assets,” with Jean P. Danthine, John B. Donaldson, and Christos I. Giannikos, Finance Research Letters, 2004, 1: 143-153.
- “An Analysis of the Equity Risk Premium,” with Rakesh Bali, The Journal of Asset Management, 2004, 4: 348-360.
- “The Living Wage and the Effects of Real Minimum Wages on Part-Time and Teen
- Employment,” with Faraj Abdulahad, Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 2003, 15: 1-9.
- “Is Volatility of Equity Markets a Volume Story? A Non-Parametric Analysis,” with Christos I. Giannikos and Deniz Ozenbas, International Journal of Business and Economics, 2003, 2: 49-55.
- “The Upward Spiral of Drug Costs: A Longitudinal Study of Drugs Used in the Treatment of Hemophilia,” with Edward Rogoff, and Myung-Soo, Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostatis, 2002, 88: 545-553. Clinical Laboratory, Under Journal Club Highlights, 2003, 49: 71.
- “The Post-Offering Performance of IPOs in the Health Care Industry,” with Joseph Onochie and Harry Rosen, Journal of Economics and Finance, 2001, 25: 194-205.
- “Properly Estimating the Liquidity Effect: Why Accounting for Stationarity and Outliers is Important,” Journal of Economics and Business, 1999, 51: 303-314.
- “On the Impact of Fixed Supply: The Case of the New York City Taxicab Industry,” with Edward Rogoff, Journal of Transportation, Logistics, and Policy, 1998, 65: 370-386.
- “Longitudinal Study of the New Firms In the Health Care Industry,” Academy of Economics and Finance, 2002: 30-35 Refereed Proceeding, The proceedings are published by the Academy of Economics and Finance.
- “Legalized Price-Fixing: How a Government Program to Lower Drug Does the Opposite,” with Edward Rogoff, Forbes, December 9, 2002, 48
Editorial Board: The Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Mangement
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, Research Grant, 2010.
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Research Grant, 2010.
- Manhattan College, Summer Research Grant, 2006.
- Center for Energy, Economics and Environment Policy, 2004.
- Manhattan College, Summer Research Grant, 2003.
- SUNY Farmingdale, Summer Research Grant, 2001.
- Hemophilia Association of New York, Grant, 2000.
- Ford Foundation Grant for Graduate Study in Economics, 1998.
CIS 227 Business Statistics
ECON 433 Econometrics
ECON 441 Economics Seminar
ECON 444 Special Topic: in Economics
ECON 470 Economics Tutorial/Independent Study
FIN 301 Principles of Business Finance I
FIN 420 Corporate Structure and Financing
FIN 441 Finance Seminar
FIN 442 Financial Modeling
MBAC 614 Managerial Economics
MBAC 616 Stock Market & Corp Valuation
MBAE 602 Research