Marvin Bishop, PHD
Marvin Bishop, PHD
Department : Mathematics
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 718-862-7385
Office : RLC 201
PHD, Columbia University
MS, New York University
BS, CUNY: City College
My research interests include simulation of polymer systems, fluids and parallel processing.
- Full Professor at Manhattan College 1993-
- Visiting Scientist at U.M.I.S.T.1988-91
- Associate Professor at Manhattan College 1986-93
- Assistant Professor at Manhattan College 1983-86
- Research Scientist at Courant Institute 1982-83
- Visiting Scientist at University of Amsterdam 1981-82
- Assistant Professor at Fordham University 1976-81
- Research Assistant Professor at SUNY Albany 1975-76
- Visiting Assistant Professor at Howard University1974-75
- Research Associate at Columbia University 1973-74
- Research Associate at the National Bureau of Standards 1971-73
Publications & Professional Activities
- J.L. Tiglias and M. Bishop, “Fourier Transforms in Arbitrary Dimension”, Comp. Educ. J., XVIIII, no. 2, 98 (2009).
- C. von Feber, J.Y. Monteith and M. Bishop, “Shapes of Two-Dimensional Excluded Volume Continuum Star Polymers”, Macromolecules, 42, 3627 (2009).
- S. Zweier and M. Bishop, “The Shapes of H-comb Polymers”, J. Chem. Phys., 131, 116101 (2009).
- C. Reid and M. Bishop, “An Interactive JAVA Program for Placing Hard Discs in a Two Dimensional Box”, Comp. Educ. J., XVIIII, no. 4, 67 (2009).
- S. Zweier and M. Bishop, "Computer Modeling of H-comb Polymers", Comp. Educ. J., XVIIII, no. 4, 99 (2009).
- S. Zweier and M. Bishop,"The form factor of H-comb Polymers", J. Chem. Phys., 131, 236101 (2009).
- L. Lue, M. Bishop and P. A. Whitlock, “The fluid to solid phase transition of hard hyperspheres in four and five dimensions”, J. Chem. Phys., 132, 104509 (2010).
- M. Kosmas, C. Reid and M. Bishop, “Excluded volume effects in the end-to-end distance of two-generation dendritic polymers: TTT and HH combs”, J. Phys. A, 43, 185002 (2010).
- A. Asfaw and M. Bishop, “Moments of Velocity in Arbitrary Dimension”, Comp. Educ. J., 1, no. 4, 5 (2010).
- T. Forzaglia and M. Bishop, ”Modeling and Simulation of the Two Dimensional Scattering Factor of Star Polymers”, Comp. Educ. J., 1, no. 4, 37 (2010).
- B.T. Merriman and M. Bishop, ”Monte Carlo Simulations of Two Dimensional Hard Particle Binary Mixtures”, Comp. Educ. J., 2, no. 3, 25 (2011).
- M. Kosmas, T. Forzaglia and M. Bishop, ”End-to-End Distances in Four-Junction Polymers”, Macromolecular Theory and Simulation, 20, 806 (2011).
- M. Bishop and P. A. Whitlock, ”Monte Carlo study of four dimensional binary hard hypersphere mixtures”, J. Chem. Phys., 136, 014506 (2012).
- B.T. Merriman and M. Bishop, "Modeling and Simulation of Ideal Linear and Ring Polymers with Brownian Dynamics”, Comp. Educ. J., 3 no. 1, 32 (2012).
Honors & Awards
Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi, Magna Cum Laude, Ward Medal in Chemistry, Prager Prize, Marks Neidle Prize in Physical Chemistry, American Men and Women of Science, Who's Who in the East, Who's Who in the World, Woodrow Wilson Fellow, New York State Regents Fellow, NIH Pre-Doctoral Fellow, NRC-NBS Postdoctoral Fellow
Association for Computing Machinery and the American Chemical Society
ACS-PRF type G grant, Fordham University Faculty Research grant, two National Resource in Computational Chemistry grants, four ACS-PRF type B grants, three IBM Computer Literacy Project grants, two Cornell National Supercomputer Facility grants, two NATO grants, Howard Hughes Education Initiative grant, three Manhattan College Summer grants
I am a referee for the Journal of Chemical Physics, Macromolecules, Chemical Physics Letters, the Journal of Statistical Physics, the Journal of Computational Physics and Physical Review.
CMPT 312 Operating Systems
CMPT 336 Simulation and Modeling
CMPT 353 Systems Programming
CMPT 468 Topics in Computer Science
CMPT 469 Independent Study
MATH 103 Calculus I
MATH 201 Calculus III