In honor of the life, work and legacy of Saint John Baptist de La Salle, patron saint of educators and founder of the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Manhattan College is celebrating Founder’s Day on April 6 and 7.
The Founder’s Day celebration events include:
Wednesday, April 6:
- Attend the Lasallian people of service ice cream social at 3:00 p.m. on the Quad, and support the military by writing a dedication to someone serving and purchase a T-shirt.
Thursday, April 7:
- Come to the Lasallian breakfast from 8 to 9 a.m. in Plato’s Cave and join the College community for bagels and coffee.
- Join the campus ministry and social action department for a Lasallian service-learning luncheon featuring presentations by students involved in service in or related to their courses and majors from 12:20 to 1:15 p.m. in the Alumni Room of O’Malley Library.
- Visit the Quad (Smith Auditorium if it rains) from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and take part in a variety of Lasallian fun and games. At 3 p.m., participate in a poster competition based on country, church and community, the themes of Founder’s Day.
- The College will host a celebratory Mass at 4 p.m. in the Chapel of De La Salle and His Brothers, and commemorate the work of St. John Baptist de La Salle.
- The celebration will conclude with a barbecue from 4:45 to 7 p.m. in the Quad (Smith Auditorium if it rains).